www.COMMACK HISTORY.org
By Robert A. Saal


~ Postcards ~

 
Jericho Turnpike and Townline Rd c.1910 showing the Commack Hotel, Funeral Parlor, Hallock's Dry Goods, General Store, and Methodist Parsonage


The Commack General Store in 1906 and sometime in the late 1920s to early 30s


Originally built by William Mahler in 1900 the hotel was later owned by the Gordon's who added the restaurant


J. Keenan's Horse Shoeing & General Blacksmith Shop was located on Commack Rd


 The Commack Methodist Church and cemetery and the church parsonage with the carriage shed in the background


The Methodist Church

  
A public well had been located at the intersection of Townline and Burr Road


The Burr Mansion home of Carll S. Burr and the Burr Cottage which was an Inn and later a boarding house on Burr Road run by Brewster Burr



The Frame School was built in 1900 on Jericho Turnpike and combined the students of the North and South one room school houses together


The original firehouse was known as The Hall, later the frame school was moved across the road and became the new firehouse with the hall in back


Sunshine Acres had been a Baptist fresh air retreat or summer camp for inner city children on Townline Road across from the Commack Cemetery


Greetings From Brindley Aviation Field


Camp Bishop McDonnell

~ HOME ~

This site created and maintained by Robert A. Saal 2013

Long Island History                  Kings Park Psychiatric Hospital History